Sunday, April 15, 2012

Week 12 prompt 61 A. 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover!

I remember how I set the receiver in its place (real phone with a round dial) and even though I said I’ll come, I knew that I had already left.

Over thirty years have gone since and we never saw each other again.

I feel sorry now (it’s true).

I can visualize him sitting in his room, waiting, looking at the phone, poking at it, walking around the room again and again while the realization of the situation hits him.

When I picture it it’s in black and white, maybe sepia.

***

Today it will be different,

The first thing will be to change my relationships’ status on Facebook.

Then if I am really kind I’ll send him an SMS

 I might even go the extra mile and send an e-mail saying “It’s not you it’s me,”

Today it will be in color.

2 comments:

  1. Was wondering about - juxtaposition
    So I wrote this short post as an example of what I think it is. Is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, that's a contrast or juxtaposition of times, places, attitudes, approaches.

    I tend to favor more dramatic, even garish, juxtapositions to shake out any irony available.

    How about this http://www.urinal.net/mount_carmel_school/

    juxtaposed to these:

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Bathtub+Madonna&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=lX-MT-DtDanY0QGH9Zz8CQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CB4Q_AUoAQ&biw=1399&bih=799

    ReplyDelete