Saturday, April 21, 2012

Week 13: 66. Loosely holding hands, not even aware of doing so, but, still, skin touching skin....


A man meets a woman. And the man says “Hi my name is…” and he thinks “I like the color of her hair and the way the sun plays in it and makes it looks like gold.

And the woman replies “Hi my name is… and she thinks, I like the shape of his mouth when he smiles.

And he says “nice to meet you…” and he thinks how beautiful are her eyes and how the color keeps changing in them turning them from blue to grey, like the ocean on a stormy day.

And the woman says “nice to meet you too…” and thinks his hair is so long, I like it like that.

And she extends her hand and he takes it in his. Her hand feels so small and smooth and he feels like holding it for a very long time. And she holds his hand, she is not even aware that she took it, and thinks, “It feels so strong and safe”.

 So little is being said, so much is already known.

2 comments:

  1. Again, I feel sorry that I (and my wife when I read your pieces aloud to her) am your only audience. A piece as sweet, true, and witty as this deserves more.

    ReplyDelete